Benjamin Moore Community Restoration Program
Benjamin Moore and Co., Limited and Community Foundations of Canada share more than a decade of history together as partners in The Benjamin Moore Community Restoration Program, a granting program to support heritage restoration and community projects in Canada.
Local community foundations identify restoration and renovation projects and Benjamin Moore provides paint, expertise and financial support. The program is offered in different target communities each year and administered by CFC.
- Provide financial support and Benjamin Moore paint to heritage and community programs making an impact in local communities
- Make connections between local charities, community foundations, and Benjamin Moore retailers
- Share stories about the impact of Benjamin Moore's philanthropy in local communities
- Contributed more than 160 grants to projects in close to 220 communities across the country
- Committed more than $800,000 in grants and in-kind donations and $124,000 in paint donations to community groups
- Helped community groups realize their dreams: from restoring a small museum in Northern Ontario to renovating a hospice in Saint John. Other grants have refurbished a women's shelter, decorated a cutting-edge seniors' residence, improved a marine museum, and restored one of Canada's original post offices.
Manager, Shared Value
Tel. 613-236-2664 x310
UPDATE: We will not be conducting an open request for proposals in 2014. This year, we are exploring new opportunities with Benjamin Moore and its new Giving Moore Foundation.
As we transition to new program design, and in celebration of our 15th year of working together, Benjamin Moore is awarding five significant grants to organizations across the country.
Be sure to visit back here again in 2015 where we will share our future plans for the program.
- 2013 Press Release - Benjamin Moore announces community grants to take care of places that matter
- Benjamin Moore Community Restoration Program - Booklet