Community Foundations of Canada is the national membership organization for Canada’s Community Foundations.
We are the Canadian movement for community vitality, represented by 189 members from coast to coast. CFC was established in 1992 to connect and support this growing network of local foundations.
- To build stronger communities by enhancing the philanthropic leadership of community foundations
- Be a stronger, smarter, more effective network.
- Be a leader in achieving collective impact and telling the story of the difference being made.
- Be a champion for issues that matter to Canadians.
- Be a philanthropic and societal force in addressing complex, long-term issues.
Download the Our Movement. Our Moment. strategic directions poster.
We are committed to:
- Philanthropy, especially through community foundations, as a powerful catalyst for strengthening communities in Canada and around the world
- Visionary leadership that welcomes innovative approaches, builds on strengths, models inclusiveness and takes appropriate risks
- Collaborative relationships - among members, volunteers, staff and other organizations - that respect independence and diversity, and that foster dialogue and sharing of ideas and experiences
- Open and accountable practices that reflect the highest possible standards of performance as a membership association and as a leader in promoting philanthropy.